Monday, January 23, 2012

Let's get started!

Starting with a review

Since I just went through the first half of this class last semester, most of Adobe After Effects CS5 is still fresh in my mind. So basically, I want to pick up where I left off and learn a bit more about 3D layers. There's a lot more in the area of effects that I have not explored. I did some research and here are a few things that I would like to try my hand at mastering. I would also like to use after effects to try some effects with video. I did one small asignment with video last semester ( it dealt with motiion tracking and what-not). This is something i really want to revisit because im more fascinated with the cinema aspect of AE right now. So I want to take everything that I learned last semester and crank it up a few notches to include video rather than just animation. However, I do have a nice animation idean in mind for my final project.

My favorite site at the moment is videocopilot with Andrew Kramer. He has the most detailed tutorials (however LONG).

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/magic_tracking/

3D Light Casting
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/3d_light_casting/

MATTE PAINTING

im especially interested in this video because i've always wanted to know how to do this






honestly there are so many things i want to try, I don't even know where to start. I dont have any particular large projects in mind for these effects; I simply want to know as much as possible about these effects. But i think i may start with some simple 3D work as a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment